New Zealand, known for its snow-capped mountains, sandy beaches, and lush green hills, offers cultural diversity, an excellent education system, frugal living, and ample New Zealand International Scholarship. Moreover, according to the Global Peace Index survey 2021, this country has been ranked second in peace, safety, and security.
The University of Otago, located in Dunedin, is a hub of innovative technologies that consistently rank high around the world based on THE (Times Higher Education) and QS world rankings. It provides a vast range of study fields, financial aid, and broad support to international students to pursue careers in the desired field.
- Study Details
- Fields Of Study
- Eligibility Criteria
- Scholarship Details For International Students
- Accommodation At the University Of Otago
- How To Apply For New Zealand International Scholarship
- Host Country: New Zealand
- Institute: University of Otago
- Finance: Fee waiver and Stipend
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Doctoral
Fields Of Study
- Health Sciences
- Age requirement: be at least 16 years old
- Must meet the language requirement
- Must hold university entrance qualification
Scholarship Details For International Students
This scholarship welcomes students who have not previously attended the University of Otago and encountered financial challenges in pursuing academic goals.
- Eligible Students: All international students who are not permanent residents of New Zealand/Australia.
- Eligible Programme: All undergraduates programs lie under the Dunedin campus
- Award Value: NZD$10,000 for covering tuition fees
- Award Duration: First year of study/12 months
- Application Date: Semester 1, 10 December 2022 and Semester 2, 30 April 2023
1) International Excellence Scholarship
Merit-based scholarships for those having academic excellence and be intending to commence selected postgraduate programs.
- Eligible Students: All international students
- Eligible Programme: Science, Business and Humanities
- Award Value: NZ$10,000 for covering tuition fees
- Duration: 12 months
2) International Master’s Research Scholarship
All International students obtaining their first thesis-based Master’s Qualification.
- Eligible Students: undertaking thesis degree in Masters
- Award value: NZ$16,000 stipend per annum and tuition fee waiver (1 year)
3) Coursework Master’s Scholarship
Those who are undertaking coursework-based Master’s degrees.
- Eligible Students: International and Domestic students
- Award Value: NZ$10,000 towards tuition fees
For Ph.D. Students
- Eligible Students: Both International and domestic candidates
- Eligible Programme: All doctoral study fields
Accommodation At the University Of Otago
The University of Otago provides university-owned and private accommodation options including single studio apartments, flats, family homes, and residential colleges to all international students. Once the candidate receives an email of an academic offer, he/she would be eligible to grab private or shared accommodation.
- Key Dates And Supporting Documents For Accommodation
All international students are required to fill out the online admission form via the eVision portal before submitting an accommodation application. You will need to download and fill out the first section of the Common Confidential Reference Form and send it to your school for filling in other details. The school must then forward the form directly to the University of Otago Accommodation Centre.
| Semester 2|
|Residential Colleges||1 Aug-30 Sept||1 April-1 June|
|University Flats||1 Aug-1 Nov|
How To Apply For New Zealand International Scholarship
To enroll at the University of Otego, follow some easy steps.
- Create an account on the eVision portal
- Select the complete application and provide the required details
- Further, follow all the steps carefully until a green mark appears and submit it
- The responsible committee will verify your application, and identity, to request further documents (if required)
- You must need to organize the finances through the eVision portal to complete the declaration.