The United States of America (USA) stands on top among the Dream Destinations for Students to pursue their education in different categories and programs. Educational Institutes in the USA are pretty advanced, top-ranked, and provide a great environment to learn and conduct research work. You are no less than a lucky student on the planet if you get a chance to study in the USA.
But there are some procedures, rules and criteria to apply for a Student Visa in the USA. If you don’t fulfil these requirements accordingly, your request for Visa may get rejected. While the immigration rules are pretty much changed now especially after the Pandemic. We will discuss everything in light of those new rules, like how you can successfully apply to get a chance to study in a country like America.
Read Also: How to Apply for Study Visa in UK – 2022 Rules
Procedures to Apply for a Student Visa in USA
1: Acceptance Letter
Well, it is the very first step to carry on with the other procedures accordingly. Choose the University and Degree Plan you want to apply for, contact their relevant authorities and request for acceptance letter. You can contact the authorities through an email that will surely be available on their official website. When you will get that acceptance letter from the institute you are good to go for other steps. You can search online for the top best universities in the USA and the Degree Programs they offer. Don’t forget to do a detailed study about the institutes before applying.
2: Type of Student Visa
If you know or don’t know, let me tell you that there are three different types of Student Visas you can apply for in the USA. They are named F1 Visa, J1 Visa and M1 Visa. The F1 Visa is issued by authorities to those students who belong to the Academic or English Language Program. J1 Visa is issued to the students who belong to Exchange Student Program. Similarly, the third one which is M1 Visa belongs to technical programs (non-academic). Among these 3, the F1 Visa is the most common option to go with and the majority of students apply for this visa.
3: Solid Requirements
- Students will return to their home country after completion of studies.
- Students must have enough finance to meet their study and living expenses in USA.
- Proficiency in English language is must to apply for admission in the University.
- Additional Documents for verification procedures.
4: Documents Requirement (F1 Visa)
- Certificate of Eligibility from University (SEVIS Fee: 350 USD).
- Receipt of Application Fee (160 USD) for US Embassy in your relevant Country.
- Valid Passport not near to expiry.
- Colored Photos.
- Bank Statements, Financial Support Documents.
- Academic Records like Transcripts, Diplomas and other Certificates.
5: Interview For Visa
The main purpose behind this interview is to determine the capabilities of students applying for US Student Visa. Apart from that, authorities at Embassy will scan your fingerprints as well as take the passport to keep the relevant record for visa processing. Make sure to bring every relevant document with you for an interview. While if we talk about the questions being asked, they may be that why do you want to study in USA.? Your Qualification, Test Scores and others, what you will do after completion of studies.? Proof of financial assistance you own etc.
Tips For Interview
- Try to appear with Formal Dressing in Interview.
- Try to cover the Interview in English on your own, it surely will have a good impresssion.
- Keep every related document with you and make the arrangements easy for authorities to check your documents.
- You must have proper information about your study program and plan you are applying for.
- Keep youself well prepared to explain about your family behind you (if they askk about how you will support them).
- Try to stay calm 9 (in-case of rejection) with a positive attitude, as its not just end.
6: Visa Confirmation
Well, after the interview the next step is to wait for the response, it depends on country to country, corona situation and other internal matters. In other words, it may take from 3 days to 3 months. So try to stay in touch with Embassy for getting updates regularly. NOTE: Don’t make any travel plan or decision like ticket booking etc before confirmation of your visa by the authorities. When you get visa approval, make sure to keep every related document in your handbag upon entry to the USA. Like, SEVIS Form or DS-2019, Financial Record, Important Slips and Receipts, Name and Contact of Institute etc.
7: Work Authorization
Most people know that some working hours are also allowed to international students in most countries to meet their daily expenses. Similarly, the USA will also allow the same working hours having some criteria and rules to be followed. Like you can work 20 hours a week, while if there is study break then you can work for full hours. Moreover, you must be above the age of 18 years to work in the USA along with studies. So keep in mind these rules to work and study in the United States of America.
8: Universities and Courses
- Columbus State University
- Ball State University
- Bradley University
- Lorida Polytechnic University
- Columbus State University
- Embry–Riddle Aeronautical University
- Adelphi University
- City University of Seattle
- Arkansas State University
- DePaul University
- Physical and Life Sciences
- Maths and Computer Sciences
- Business Management
- Social Sciences
Do share this post with others about Student Visa in USA.